Conditions for moving to the Canary Islands and having a tax relief (de-taxation) provided for pensions are:
1) – Be a private pensioner, because public pensions is taxable only in Italy;
2) – Actually live in the Canary Islands for at least 6 months and 1 day per year, even if not continuously;
3) – Have a bank account in the Canary Islands;
4) – Have a long-term lease or purchase a property in the Canary Islands;
5) – Be registered in AIRE;
6) – Move the center of economic and emotional affairs to the Canary Islands.
Tax system in Canary Islands is more advantageous than the italian one: pension taxes are equal to 13,75% against the 27% in Italy.
In addition, the 13,75% deduction also includes the contribution for health care, possibly including the dependent spouse if this does not receive any kind of pension.